General Contractors In Fresno & Clovis
Why hire a General Contractor?
A general contractor is responsible for managing a construction project from start to completion. As a general contractor offering services to the Fresno and Clovis areas, J & J Quality Construction will provide the plans, permits, materials, labor and equipment necessary for the project. We hire specialized subcontractors to perform portions of the construction work. Although subcontractors will provide specific expertise in areas like pouring the foundation and wiring the house, if you want to forgo a professional in order to act as your own general contractor, you will need to consider your ability to manage the overall process. Do you know the order in which activities must be completed, and have the technical know-how to oversee the construction of your home?
If you are unsure about your expertise in some areas, it pays to hire a general contractor to direct the building process. A general contractor will be familiar with both the big-picture activities and the smaller details that are equally important to a well-built home.
Other responsibilities that a general contractor will manage include:
- Obtaining license and insurance documents from subcontractors
- Handling city inspections
- Securing the construction job site
- Providing temporary utilities on site
- Scheduling workers and subcontractors
- Providing site surveying and engineering
- Disposing of or recycling construction waste
- Supervising work ethics and safety compliance
- Budgeting and monitoring cash flow
- Maintaining accurate records throughout the construction project.
Contracting knowledge is important — what constitutes a valid change order? Will you know how to distinguish a bogus surcharge from a reasonable change in scope? General contractors work with contracts and contractors every day, and can tell you down to the finest detail exactly what is included in each sub’s contract.